ABOUT THE YP ART EXHIBITION
THE YP EXHBITION WORKING PARTY WILL:
The Yorke Peninsula (YP) Art Exhibition was first held in 1999 over the October long weekend and then moved to a biennial event from 2002. Previously coordinated by a Section 41 Committee of the Yorke Peninsula Council, the Exhibition is now coordinated through a Working Party to promote art within our society.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2018, the Art Exhibition will be held over the Easter break. The Working Party is looking at expanding the next exhibition to celebrate a larger variety of art mediums in addition to hosting an inaugural preview event at Ardrossan on the evening of Wednesday 28th March 2018 with the Exhibition then being official open from Thursday 29th March until Sunday 1st April 2018.
The YP Art Exhibition has won two SA Great Regional Awards for Art in 2006 and 2008, an Advantage SA Award in 2010 in addition to being admitted into the Hall of Fame in 2010 for recognition “of outstanding achievements and significant contributions demonstrating excellence in regional leadership". Our Exhibition continues to grow and attracts well-known and new artists at both a state and local level in addition to contributions from local schools representing younger artists within the district.
Although our major focus is art, we also strive through advertisement to attract more tourism and to promote our area as a very desirable holiday spot only two hours from Adelaide. Artists make an important contribution to Australian society, the economy and assisting to drive tourism and provide alternative ways to foster regional development.
1. STRIVE TO ESTABLISH A REPUTATION FOR A HIGH QUALITY ART EXHIBITION AND COMPETITION ON YORKE PENINSULA.
2. PROVIDE A RECOGNISED REGULAR CULTURAL EVENT OF EXCELLENCE ON YORKE PENINSULA FOR THE BENEFIT OF ARTISTS, RESIDENTS AND VISITORS.
3. WORK TO ATTRACT SPONSORSHIP FOR COMPETITION PRIZES THAT ENCOURAGES YORKE PENINSULA ARTISTS AS WELL AS ARTISTS FROM OTHER PARTS OF THE STATE AND AUSTRALIA TO ENTER THEIR WORK.
4. ENCOURAGE TOURISM ON YORKE PENINSULA BY PROVIDING AN EVENT THAT LURES ARTISTS, THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS AND OTHER VISITORS TO COME TO THE EXHIBITION AND TO EXPLORE YORKE PENINSULA WHILE THEY ARE HERE.
5. PLATFORM FOR LOCAL ARTISTS TO SHOW AND SELL THEIR WORK LOCALLY.
6. ENABLE YOUNG LOCAL ARTISTS TO ENTER THE SCHOOL COMPETITION AND PRESENT THEIR WORK FOR PUBLIC EXHIBITION.
THE YP ART EXHIBITION COMMITTEE
Councillor Alan Headon, Yorke Peninsula Council
Councillor Darren Braund, Yorke Peninsula Council
Councillor Tania Stock, Yorke Peninsula Council
Anne Eyles, Community Representative
Bobbi Pertini, Manager People and Culture Yorke Peninsula Council
Carina Condgon, HR Officer Yorke Peninsula Council
Jennifer Robyn, Community Representative
Leanne Cane, Community Representative
Lesley-Anne Swaans, Learning and Development Officer Yorke Peninsula Council
Pam Headon, Community Representative
Richard Cane, Community Representative
Rachel Rich, EA to Director Yorke Peninsula Council
Join our mailing list to stay in the know.